The date was 26th June 2013 and Visual Studio 2013 Preview was released. Today I started using Visual Studio 2013 Preview and God, I love this.
Installation went smoothly and when I launched the Visual Studio 2013 Preview, I was asked to Sign In and once I have signed in from my Visual Studio account, I was asked to select a color theme of Visual Studio to use when I logged into Visual Studio from my Visual Studio account. Isn't it nice?
|Choose your color theme|
|Visual Studio 2013 Preview|
Along with the Visual Studio 2013 Preview, .NET Framework 4.5.1 Preview has been released. The .NET Framework 4.5.1 Preview contains large and small improvements that build on top of the .NET Framework 4 and 4.5 releases.
|.NET Framework 4.5.1 Preview|
Even though there was a short period between the release of Visual Studio 2012 and Visual Studio 2013 Preview, this new preview includes fairly large amount of improvements as well as new features. Here is a list of areas where the new and enhanced features are introduced in Visual Studio 2013 Preview.
- Visual Studio Languages
- Introducing .NET Framework 4.5.1 Preview
- Visual C++
- Windows Store Apps
- Same day in which Visual Studio 2013 Preview was released, Windows 8.1 Preview was also released. Visual Studio 2013 Preview is introducing so many great features, so you can create great Windows Store Apps.
- The list of improvements in the area of Window Store Apps are as follows.
- Asynchronous programming
- DirectX programming
- Debugging and Diagnostics
- Team Foundation
- Automating and Debugging Builds
- Modeling Tools
- ASP.NET 4.5.1
- Visual Studio Support for Windows Azure Mobile Services
- SharePoint Development
This is just a list of improvements. I really don't know where to start learning all these with the new Visual Studio 2013 Preview.
To learn more on all these topics please refer following links.
Announcing the .NET Framework 4.5.1 Preview
Windows 8.1 Preview: New APIs and features for developers
Hope you all will enjoy the new Visual Studio 2013 Preview.