When you try to install Windows Phone SDK 7.1 on a Windows Server 2008/2008R2 operating system, you will be smashed with this error which says “Windows 7 or Windows Vista is required”.
|"Windows 7 or Windows Vista is required"|
- Download the web installer. I am saving the installer in a folder named “Windows Mobile” in my D: drive.
- Extract the installer by running this command vm_web2.exe /x
extracting the installer
- You will be asked to select a extract folder. Give a extraction folder and extract.
- Open the extracted folder and open the “baseline.dat” file in a text editor.
- Find the section named “[gencomp7788]”.
- Change following values.
- InstallOnLHS value from “1” to “0”
- InstallOnWin7Server value from “1” to “0”
- Save and close “baseline.dat”.
- Run setup.exe /web from the extracted folder. By specifying "web" parameter we are forcing setup to download the packages it needs to install.
running the setup
That’s all. Now you are done.
|Starting the installation|