According to Microsoft SharePoint Team Blog, here is a list of new features which are available in this new release.
- New SharePoint Experience - Metro Style User Experience
- Pervasive Social Networking - Yammer and SharePoint
- SkyDrive Pro - Sync and use documents offline in the Windows Explorer
- SharePoint Sites - View sites in one place
- Projects for Everyone - Task management
- FAST Search and Recommendations - Search with FAST
- Cloud App Model and Marketplace - build, buy, deploy and manage applications via the new Cloud App Model for the Office 2013
- Dynamic Publishing - Multi-device, Multi-lingual intranet and internet sites
- In-Place Governance and Compliance - New unified policy management
I have installed SharePoint 2013 and the user experience is some what different when comparing to SharePoint 2010, but it is great. It’s like Windows 8 user experience. I think it will take some time to get familiar with this new release and I am pretty sure it is worth it.
For more information on all the new 2013 product preview releases, visit Try more products page.