Sunday, February 20, 2011

Error : Your mailbox appears to be unavailable. Try to access it again in 10 seconds - Microsoft Exchange 2010

Today for the first time in my life, I got the experience of installing Microsoft Exchange 2010 and that was really a nice one. My requirement was just simple, which was sending an Email from SharePoint to Exchange. I configured SharePoint to send Emails to my Exchange and when I checked from SharePoint my Emails were nicely sent.

But when I tried to log in to OWA (Outlook Web App) to check whether I have received my Emails, after typing the user name and password I got this nice error saying "Your mailbox appears to be unavailable. Try to access it again in 10 seconds". Since I am a beginner in Exchange I was confused and tried many things to fix it.

But after struggling for around 2 hours, at last I have managed to fix it now and I am so happy.

Solution was again, just a simple one. That is,
In services, Start the service "Microsoft Exchange Information Store". I think the problem was, without that service up and running Exchange can't map a mailbox to a user.

Now everything is fine and I have received my emails and I got the pleasure of confirming my Emails are successfully receiving from SharePoint.

Happy Coding.

Regards,
Jaliya